This is a quilt top that I am working on for a friend. The penguins are inspired by Nintendo Mario Kart (so they will fit into my Nintendo quilt at some point). I challenged myself to work with fabrics from my stash, which required a little readjustment with the layout along the way. I really like how it turned out though! It still needs to be sandwiched, quilted, and bound, but it’s on the right track.

A close-up of the center block is located above. I think that the penguins have a cute little gangster lean going on. 🙂 adorable! I started with applique pieces for the feet, but the cutting was too tedious, so I switched to embroidery only. The small blocks are 6″ finished size (the white squares and the pink and purple print squares), while the large blocks (dark blue and black) are 12″ finished size. It was truly refreshing to work with larger pieces for this project!

Here is a snapshot of my Excel file of the project plan:


– Stephanie


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s