Well, the title might imply that it was organized to begin with. Not really. Setting up the craft part of the office/craft room was fairly low on the priority list during the move. Yes, it has been a year and a half. I know. However, it’s difficult to set up a craft room when not coming from a dedicated craft room; all of my supplies were spread over several boxes, rooms, etc, at our previous locations. This is the closest that I have ever come to having a dedicated area (that isn’t my Dining Room, lol).
What started as a quick inventory of papers and adhesive supplies (needed for upcoming cards), turned into a full-scale organization of my craft space. Not only did my inventory get accomplished, but items were sorted, labeled and rearranged. For example, the bookshelf used to occupy the space where the ArtBin cubes are now located. I moved the cubes closer to the tables so that I wouldn’t have to go across the room to access my materials. This layout should be a bit more functional.
Ahhhhh… this should make it easier to whip up projects now. 🙂 I have a project in the works, but I’m waiting on a new Cricut cartridge to arrive. In the meantime, I cut some of the paper I needed using my new Fiskars SureCut paper trimmer. The last several times I used my old Fiskars, I was frustrated because the track was becoming too flexible causing crooked cuts. It has seen a lot of paper in the last 11 years, so I got a replacement (it’s on the edge of the table in the corner).