Need to grow a little? Use a Mega Mushroom!! This guy can help you crush your opponents easily…at least for a little while.
This design closely resembles the Red Mushroom, so there weren’t too many challenging details to consider. But…I had read on another blog somewhere (now I forget where, sorry) about using cutaway stabilizer for the applique pieces. I tried that for this go around, and it seemed to work well. On the test embroidery that I did (not pictured), I used 1 layer of light-weight stabilizer (because I’m running low on the medium weight tear-away) and I experienced more puckering below the center red dot. For this embroidery on green fabric, I used two layers of the light-weight stabilizer and had better success.
As I did in the Red Mushroom, I removed some of the orange blanket stitches from under the red spots in order to improve the coverage of the red.
– Machine: Designer Ruby Royale
– Stabilizer: 2 layers of tear-away (light weight)
– Needle: 75/11 Embroidery (Inspira)
– Hoop: 120mm x 120mm
– Software: 5D Embroidery Professional (Design Creator & Stitch Editor)
– Stitches: 3,965
– Color changes: 6
– Applique: yes