Here is a handy little ruler, perfect for my fishing friends!! It serves two purposes: 1) a place for a mug when not fishing, and 2) a ruler for verifying catch statistics!!
It’s a fairly dense design, so I hooped 2 layers of stabilizer. I also used the hoop clips and a fix stitch to help. Additionally, since I didn’t want a tremendous amount of puckering, I aligned the fabric so that the warp was running the long way. I think that helped.
– Machine: Designer Ruby Royale (for the embroidery); Designer Ruby for construction
– Stabilizer: 2 layers of medium-weight tear-away
– Tension: 45
– Needle: 75/11 Embroidery (Inspira)
– Hoop: 360mm x 200mm (with clips)
– Software: 5D Embroidery Professional
– Stitches: 31,440 (2 designs – the fish and the ruler are actually separate designs)
– Color changes: 12 (8 colors)
– Applique: no