Bowser’s Shell can really bowl you over if you’re not paying attention! At least in a couple previous versions of Mario Kart (not in 8).
I was happy to have bought a recent stash of fabrics, because I found the perfect colors in there! Maybe it was a good thing I saved this FOR MY LAST BLOCK!!!!! Yes, this is the last block I needed to design and stitch for my Nintendo Quilt! I’m so excited!
I used a gradient fill pattern for the spikes on the top, which was perfect. I absolutely love how the spikes on the collar “pop” as well. I used my Aurifil cotton thread to stitch the cream and yellow fabrics on. Firstly, they matched the best to the fabric, and secondly, Bowser’s Shell needed to be a little grungy. Perfect.
– Machine: Designer Ruby Royale
– Stabilizer: 1 layers of medium-weight tear-away
– Needle: 75/11 Embroidery (Inspira)
– Tension: 40 (I am filling my own bobbin thread, and it doesn’t wind up quite as tight as the pre-wound ones)
– Hoop: 120mm x 120mm
– Software: 5D Embroidery Professional (Design Creator & Stitch Editor)
– Stitches: 8,761
– Color changes: 13 (8 colors)
– Applique: yes