I loved the Fresh Lilacs fabric collection the first time I saw it and knew that it would be perfect for Mom. I’ll tell you one thing: it’s hard to find.
I managed to locate 2 mini charm packs and some various yardage from the collection for the two projects that I have planned. The first of which is the Table Runner. I made the table runner smaller than the pattern indicated, making only 4 rail units and 3 patchwork row units. This helped me divide the mini charm pack between this project and another one, and will probably fit Mom’s table better.
Fabric: Fresh Lilacs
Pattern: Mini Charm Mix (Fat Quarter Shop)
Solid color: Kona Oyster
Backing: green leaves and vines
Binding: purple swirls
– Machine: Designer Ruby
– Needle: 60 Microtex (Inspira)
– Tension: 4.6 for piecing and 0.4 for quilting with clear top thread
– Thread: Aurifil 50wt cotton(color 2000 – piecing), Aurifil clear mono-filament, Aurifil 50wt cotton (color 1231 – quilting)
– Stitch length: 2.0 mm for piecing; 2.5 mm for quilting
– Marking: Frixion pen
– Machine binding: stitched the 2.5″ binding strip to the back, folded over, ironed and top-stitched with clear thread. I connected the binding with methods in this video (~8:51). Super slick.