It has been a busy past couple of months! Lots of little events, plus a move across country shuffled most of the routines I had established. In the meantime, I have been working on a few projects that I will attempt to write about in the coming weeks. That is, if I’m not too busy playing with my latest machine!
About 2 weeks ago, I traded in my Designer Ruby Royale for the Designer Epic. It’s one heck of a machine! Wow!
I’m still learning the ins and outs, but here are the things that I’ve tested and liked:
- Automatic needle threader – so cool!
- WiFi – love that I can save my designs in the Cloud and access it directly on my machine.
- iPhone app – it lets me know if I need to change thread, which is particularly cool when I’m away making lunch.
- Telescopic thread stand – love that it’s integrated!
- The extra clearance around the needle – and I’m not only talking about the throat, but also the height above the needle (so much easier to get my hand in there).
- The screen – it’s huge, but it is packed full of goodies!
- The embroidery arm case – it finally comes with a nice carry bag!